Thursday 5 May 2011

Firewood at Ten Paces

Okay Mr O this toe business might begin the war of the Blogs.I could take it that you were being considerate and letting people know that I was not ignoring them, but girls can do anything and typing side saddle is a breeze.  I should know, I do it all the time at work because althought the set up is correct for the VDU unfortunately our patients do not stand in front of us they stand fortyfive degrees to the right.
I digress.  Mr O forgets to mention that two days before this load of firewood arrived, he had stacked another three meters before he went to work, and if you did not know before, you do now that he has a stuffed lower back as well.  As usual you order some wood from a wood merchant because the friend we get our wood from, at a much lower price, delivers it for free when he can, so you don't like to pressure him.  But when one load arrives inevitably the second lot arrives close on its heels.
And who has been stacking the wood for yonks before Mr O came along?  Mrs O of course.  Over the years it takes me longer because I listen to my back screaming "take a break or I will lock up and you won't be able to walk upright and movement will be accommpanied by screams".  I don't think that I came out with any expletives.  I was too busy hopping, as it happened to be the sharp end of a kamakazee piece of wood that hit just off centre of my right little toe, and I didn't want to frighten the dog any more than I was with the movements and contored facial expressions, than I was already.  He has this idea that if you are yelling then he has done something worng and slinks off until you can entice him back.
As for leaving it for Mr O to do, I hate to think when that would happen, as he is one of the worlds greatest procrastinators.  I would have been weeks before I could have got the car into the garage.  Thankyou to those who suggested he gets me a laptop, would be wonderful as usally I get half an hour before work on the computer as Mr O hogs it.  I only get it to myself on days when he works and I don't
I was amazed to read him mentioning that he could see other things that need doing by Mrs O of course, so maybe this war of words along with helful comments might mean that instead of just seeing them he does some instead

9 comments:

  1. A "stuffed lower back", love that, I will run off with that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I never knew That side of Mr. O.

    So time for plan A (behavioral modification) to go into effect......

    I am assuming that in New Zealand it is somewhat akin the the US in marriage laws. Meaning you own half the money and ALL of the "other stuff"..

    So...no more "other stuff" for Mr. O. until such time as we start to see both behavior and attitude changes...Will not take long I can assure you and you will be amazed at the changes that can take place in such a short period of time....Now depending on the severity of the problem with Mr.O. stage two of no "other stuff" may require separate bedrooms for a day or two.

    Once you have his attention, you will also have his ears and he will be happy to listen and obey....................

    Now...should plan A not lend itself to success, let me know and I will explain plan B...but you you must be strong to enact plan B as it is not for the faint hearted......Best of luck....and wishing you well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only "one of the world's greatest procrastinators"??? Day-um! What's a guy gotta do to be "world's greatest"? I mean, it's not like you can train to be a procrastinator. You either got it or you don't. And there's no competitive procrastinating on account of that could involve actually scheduling something, which defeats the whole meaning of procrastinating, which pretty much leaves living until I'm the oldest guy on earth. "He was supposed to die but he kept putting it off." Maybe then I'll get my due.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thought we knew him, but apparently we didn't know him as well as we thought. Now, if he's not the world's greatest procrastinator, (which I assure you he is not), then obviously the solution is for him to stop putting off implementation of the plan to improve his procrastination skills. Hurry! There is no time to lose!

    Oh Mrs. O, I think we're all gonna like having you here on blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yellow Fringe
    You are most welcome to run away with the phrase "stuffed lower back" but I would rather that you actually took my stuffed lower back and swapped if for yours if it is in tip top working condition.
    It reminds me of the language that we take for granted is not always known on the other side of the world even though living with Mr O I have had to asked for translations of what he is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi TAB
    Thank you for your suggestion, but I would not go with Plan A as we have on odd lifestyle which means that we very rarely have the same days off and he does get to sleep alone when I am on night shift. He tells me dog does not feel like I do when just the two of them have to sleep together. You will learn more of our odd lifestyle as time goes on. Really interested in hearing about Plan B though.
    Thanks for your words of wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr O
    You have some work to do if you want to become the worlds greatest procrastinator. For example you keep up with your writing so you do not procrastinate all of the time, but keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Skinny
    You are right he is not the worlds worst procastinator but Mr O making plans? and keeping to them? This is a very rare occurance on both counts. Glad that you are enjoying my blog, I was not sure how it would go over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there! I think we all have procrastinating attitudes about things that we don't want to have to do...like deep housecleaning? cleaning carpets...ugh...I hire cheap help! LOL ya know, grown kids! esp. if you got leverage!

    ReplyDelete